Canyon Hills Cares
Wellness news for our families!
Our CHHS Wellness Center is a Resource Hub for our Canyon Hills students and families. Ms. Dani will help provide and navigate any supports for your child &/ family. Our school community voice helps drive our wellness efforts. If you would to join these efforts- please reach out to us!
We provide students with a safe & inclusive space on campus, facilitate clubs, life skills education workshops and pyscho-educational groups. We support our students with free behavioral health services, Medi-Cal Enrollment, Substance Use Prevention Groups and have a Military Family Life Counselor on campus. We connect students and families to resources within the district and community and support marginalized student populations. Our intention is to elevate student voice and needs, build self-agency, and give each and every student's well-being the opportunity to thrive.
Virtual Wellness Center
This website has tons of mindfulness activities, tips & tricks for reducing anxiety, workouts/exercise, connection & belonging, art activities & so much more!
CHHS Principal's Blog
Join us at the Principal's Coffee!
First Friday of every month via Zoom
Checkout the CHHS School Calendar for Zoom Meeting Information!
Sign up for our 9th Grade Academy Newsletter!
SDUSD Family Wellness Newsletter
SDUSD's Guide to Mental Health Matters
This annual newsletter is filled with events, resources and more!
SDUSD & Community Mental Health Resources
SDUSD Food & Nutrition Services Website. CLICK HERE!
-SDUSD Food & Nutrition Services has a newsletter and Harvest of the Month!!
-Please read if requesting special diets and/or milk substitutions: Milk Sub & Special Diet information Packet
-Menus, Nutrition & Allergen Information can be found here www.sandi.net/food
SDUSD Tobacco Free Policy & TUPE Program. CLICK HERE
Resources & Events:
Military Family Life Counselor
Audrey Teshima, LMFT
Wellness Center, Room 230 Office A
Checkout Military Dependent, Military Spouses and Military Veteran Scholarships! CLICK HERE!
SAY SD, Elevated
Click HERE- Elevated Flyer
Click HERE for a short video that describes the incredible work Elevated does here at Canyon Hills.
Additional Student Supports: McAlister Substance Use Education Group, Mending Matters LIFE, JED High, Mental Health Counselors (Alliant University & YMCA) - for more information CLICK HERE and reach out to Ms. Dani
Mending Matters LIFE Youth Advisory Board --> We Hear YOUth Survey Information
· Purpose of Survey: is for Mending Matters to learn how students view their student body’s mental health needs, so we can create responsive resources for CHHS students.
· Survey is voluntary: if a parent/guardian wishes for their student to opt out of the survey, they can inform their student not to participate when it is presented to them in class. *** there is a notice on the first page of the survey indicating its voluntary nature.
· Survey is anonymous: we do not collect personal information from students (i.e. name, ID, IP address, email address). We only report responses in aggregate (i.e. in a group, 75% of students said they want to learn more about stress management).
· The survey will be disseminated the week of December 11-15, 2023
· If parents/guardians want to know more about Mending Matters, they can access information at our website: www.mendingmatters.org
If a parent/guardian wants to review the survey: please contact Mr. Schmidt (Dean of Students) or Ms. Dani (Wellness Center) and they will coordinate with Mending Matters to email you a PDF version of our W.H.Y. survey.
Below is the parent notification / passive consent letter for the upcoming survey in December 2023:
National Suicide Prevention Line
Text HOME 741741
7 days per week
24 hours per day
Live Chat: Text START to 678-678
Domestic Violence Hotline
SD Access & Crisis Line
7 days per week
24 hour per day
Live Chat M-F 4-10pm